Easily identified by the prominent clock tower, the North Toronto Station was originally built in 1916 to service a railway line running across Toronto. The station was meticulously restored in the neo-classical Beaux Arts style and is now home to Canada’s largest liquor store. Restoration plans began as early as 1987, but it took until the fall of 2000 for the project to get under way. New additions to the space created a formal entrance and façade north of the train tracks, as well as a public space (Scrivener Square), featuring a tipping water art installation. A great deal of effort was taken by the developers to maintain the feel of the original building. The space was re-opened to the public on February 4, 2003.